Sign in to follow this  
Ogg

It is a sexy beast!!!

>S<

I'm speaking of the 262 here.
She's a sexy beast and if we were to fly it right no one is going to touch it with the exception of the laser locked AI tail gunners.
I flew it on single player mission as an air start and killed an A20 and a PE2 and only took a single plink from the PE2.  Both aircraft were wing off deaths.  The unfortunate part of the 262 is the ammo loadout.  It's light, Real light, I'm talkin' 8 seconds light if that.  After the A20 and PE2 there are ground targets.  I hit the convoy and got one truck and I was out of ammo.

If you haven'e seen the Air Combat Tutorial youtube account on the 262 you need to see it before you even try to get one in a server.  I kept overheating engine 1 while starting engine 2.  And for those of you that fung schwayed your keymapper and can't start multiple engines on a single stroke of the E key you're Shit out of luck.  There is a lot of little things to do during the startup process.  I have to figure out how I can reset my igniter buttons for each engine to get them fired at certain timing during the start.

She's a slug on the bottom while landing and taking off but, once she's moving she really moves.  You will also need to setup your elevator and rudder trims to keep her in level flight.  She's touchy to the elevator change and if you change 10Km/H you'll be changing the elevator trim to keep up.  With the turbine at 8400 RPM I was able to get 682Km/H in level flight with trims alone.

Again watch the Air Combat tutorial guide before attempting to start one on the ground.

>S<