Sign in to follow this  
JG51_Ogg

Knights of the Air versus Wings of Liberty

7 posts in this topic

>S<

I'm going to make a couple of statements here and you can take it for what it's worth.  I have done a bit of research and found the following statement is exactly correct.

Knights of the Air server does not use GPS and not only does it make you use your noodle to fly around and complete missions it also means engagements with enemy aircraft are spread out over the area.  You have to know how to read a map in order to get to an area quickly.  It also takes a skill to fly back to a field when your done with the mission.  For this reason there is not always a lot of enemy action.

Wings of Liberty has GPS on and if you're wondering how a single enemy turns into 8 enemy aircraft in a short amount of time, all you need to do is watch a couple of track view files and you'll get your answer the same as I have mine.  You see an enemy aircraft or you're bounced by a crappy enemy pilot that can't shoot straight. After the initial they put the wings in the vertical and the stick in their chest and call on TS to the other 30 Allied fliers where they are.  Allied pilots then all close on the area where they find 1 Allied flier turning tight circles descending to the deck with an Axis pilot or two trying to get lined on him.

Conclusion: 

Our tactics are not made to work on a gang-bang server like Wings.  There is no skill needed to fly and call friendly aircraft to you in Wings. 

Our tactics work in Knights of the Air because there is skill involved knowing where you are by map reading and coordinating efforts.

When TAW starts back up then we will be flying there.  There is no GPS in TAW.

End thoughts:

If you are going to fly in Wings don't bitch about being gang-banged and killed, I don't want to hear it.  I don't care if you're the only one flying in KotA there is something to do that requires skill.  If you want to fly with me then you need to fly the KotA server.  Don't ask me to be GPS stupid.  I'll be more than happy to work with everyone who wants to learn navigation below and above heavy clouds.

I flew with Moostafa, Big10, C5, and MoGas.  I flew above the clouds (no ground visuals available) and came back through the clouds to the target area and was within visual range of those flying under the clouds near the target.  If they had been intercepted by enemy air I would have been the only pilot to be able to put bombs on target.  It's an easy feat but it's a skill that must be learned and practiced.

Know from now on don't ask what server I'm on unless the TAW and KotA servers are up at the same time.  I'll be on KotA even if I'm the only one there and 70 are on wings server.

>S<

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2019 at 12:57 PM, blackc5 said:

well ok then

Lol 😆 

i too am not not a fan of the wings server. 

I fly on Battlefield V on playstation 4 does that give me the navigation skills needed for that server? Just kidding! I like the hardcore stuff better no GPS is hell a better. We do fly these sims for realism right??

I fly the flight sims to get shot down over and over again, oh and to get killed by flack. so far i have been very successful.

Edited by blackc5