Welcome to JG51 "Mölders"

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• BlackC5

Alternate squad night   08/06/2018

We will be adding an alternate squad night of Saturdays @ 9:30 eastern, we may be flying BOS or CloD join up on the ATAG TS server @ the JG51 channel to find out which. the normal Sunday night squad night will still in effect for those who want to join.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wonderbread

DCS

My dudes, maybe everyone has already seen the WWII/Normandy map for DCS...I hadn't seen anything until just last night when I peeped the below video.

Anyway, obviously I really dig CLoD and am pumped for Team Fusion 5.0 but this looks like some next-level shit. I was hoping you guys could talk me down and tell me why DCS sucks and why I shouldn't bother.

1 person likes this

You should download DCS world and give it a try. Its a free download and there are a couple of free airplanes to fly. I have been flying DCS from the start and really like their work. I'm really looking forward to the F-18. DCS also offers pretty good VR support. The real downside to the game is that it's a giant sandbox with no real dynamic campaign. I'm looking forward to seeing what the on-line play is like. 

If you download it let me know.

Ive got some guys that would be willing to do some DCS with us if we ever wanna play around with multiplayer on it!

I picked up the 109 today and messed with it a little. Took about a 1/2 hour to start but I think I'm good now lolololool

I did a quick dogfight with a P51 and I got the somebtch but my engine siezed.

Anyway, it is beautiful...and with the Normandy map it will not feel weird. I need to figure it out a bit more but i'd be down to play online for sure. 

Oh dude and I just fired up CLoD and now it looks like 20 years old. This is EXACTLY what I was afraid of :-\

Looks are not everything... gameplay is important too.  DCS is good sandbox game but without a dynamic campaign it just seems unfinished.

1 person likes this

Yeah for sure. I've been playing it this week and the graphics are sweet and the flight model is really good...but it's not cool at all when you're flying over 2015 Ukraine, etc. 

If the Normandy map wasn't coming out I wouldn't even bother...I guess we'll see.

But the truth is unless the Multiplayer is super good it won't be worth it at all. 

I can also tell you that taking off and landing the 109 is....an adventure in DCS. It's pretty cool. Taking off I get but landing? I stick the landing maybe 1 out of 5 tries where in CLoD its more like 4 of 5. The startup, etc is really fun too.

If your interested in flying with some other pilots in DCS my brother is working up VMFA-251 http://vmfa251.com/forum/

It's an F-18 squadron but right now they are using the F-5 and A-10 to run missions with until the F-18C is released.

I think they are running mission on both 2.0 and 1.5 versions of DCS World.

i think once i get the money i might give that a shot and check his group out

The game is free Fresh and comes with a couple free aircraft. The A-10, F-5, and Nellis map are all pay wear but DCS usually sells them at a discount every month for a few days. I'm not a big fan of the PvP aspect of the game thus far. The servers I have played PvP on to me just seems like a free for all with no real goal or teamwork for either side. I personally like the Co-op aspect of the game. The only real issue I have is that someone has to make/script the mission before hand. I really wish there was a dynamic campaign like in Falcon 4.0.

It's a fun game to fly and I'm really looking forward to seeing what the on-line PvP play is like once the European map is released.  I've got the Fw-190D9, Bf109K and P-51D. I don't think I'm going to pick up the Spitfire MK IX because I'm not much of a Spitfire fan. 

If you have VR the game is simply AWSOME!!!

As soon as the AV8B Harrier II comes out from RAZBAM they are going to be utilizing it as their primary aircraft until the F-18 comes out from DCS.

harrier was a favorite plane of mine when i was little so i think i'll wait till it comes out to get that and or the F18! i've got the f15, Su27, and the Bf109k4 so far.

Heads up my dudes there is a 40% Easter sale on DCS planes this weekend. I just snagged the P-51D cause it's down to $17. Man the P-51 is soooo much easier to fly than the 109...trim helps.

Alright someone here who can play weekday night has got to get this game and play with my ass (I'm looking at you @BlackC5) Just get the P-51D, I think it's $20 and you'd be good to go. It's the gateway drug.

I've been playing online this week in both the 109 and P-51. The 109 is an absolute b/tch to fly and the P-51 is super easy...tho totally outclassed by the 109. You can get a slight advantage by getting up to 25,000 feet but at that altitude it's virtually impossible to turn.

The servers are relatively bare and the rules are different on all of them. I'm trying to get ok at the game before they're crowded with people cause of the Normandy map. The Storm of War server is probably the closest to what ATAG runs. The others have bots and make it really easy to see where everyone on the map is. It's fun as hell tho...a LOT more challenging CLoD from what I can tell. Half the fun for me is the startup procedure...esp on the P-51.

thinking about it but if i slack off in CloD I get really bad really quickly and I only have so much time to fly.

Dude after playing this the 109 in CLoD feels like a spaceship. It'll make you better lololololol

logo.png.388b9ae2ca06fe29417125a894230fe

VMFA-251 is currently in a workup period in anticipation of the upcoming release of the DCS World F/A-18C "Hornet" module. Once the F/A-18C model is released VMFA-251 will be exclusively an F/A-18 squadron but, until then we are currently using the DCS World AV-8B night attack module from RAZBAM as our sole airframe.

I know most of you guys are WWII buffs but I thought I would pass this along just in case some of you might be interested.

1 person likes this